I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Sunday 5 April 2009

Penang Hokkien Mee

Hokkien Mee is one of the must dos everytime I go home to Penang. Now the thing with people from Penang is that they will have their own personal favourite stall for each particular dish. For me, hokkien mee must come from the lady who runs the stall with her husband (husband sells Kooy Teow Th`ng) in the Tanjung Bunga market. There is also a kopitiam (coffeeshop) opposite the market which sells hokkien mee as well, my mum has since defected to the hokkien mee in the kopitiam but I'm stil loyal to the stall in the market.

My cheat's version of the hokkien mee made with ready-made paste for the soup below:


Unfortunately, all you see is the 'liau' as the bowl is too deep!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha ... that lady who runs the stall with her husband selling Koay Teow Th`ng ... makes me smile recalling them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, you know that stall too! :)
    I don't know what I will do if they decide to retire, I do so look forward to a bowl or two whenever I go home!

    ReplyDelete