I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Char Koay Kak

Koay Kak is made from chinese radish or daikon (japanese). I have come across this root many times in the shop but had no idea that this is the main ingredient for making koay kak. However, finding a good recipe is proving to be difficult, I tried a few recipes and have become 'tired' of grating radishes but still no closer to the texture that I want for the koay kak. Below is the closest that I can get to but the texture is still lacking in comparison to the hawker's. So if you have a good recipe, please pass it on, I am willing to grate the radish just one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment