I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Char Hor Fun (Cantonese style fried noodles)

Char Hor Fun to me is a very much a dinner dish. According to hearsay, in my mother's time, it is considered a 'good' gesture if the young comes courting with a packet of char hor fun for the parents of his intended, usually given during supper time. I think it is just an excuse to go visit his sweetheart after dark!!

My version of Char Hor Fun below, if you notice, it is lacking a few ingredients such as the fish cakes... this dish was created before I discovered that the chinese shop here does sell ready made ones... will update the photo the next time I make this dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment