I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Friday 2 October 2009

Lotus Paste Mooncake

This year, 2009, mooncake festival falls on the 3rd of October and I am all prepared for it. Last year, we had major repair work in the kitchen so I missed out and couldn't make any mooncakes. After patiently waiting for a year, I finally get to use the funky plastic moulds that mom bought for me. I'm usually all for authenticity but the plastics moulds were easier to manage than wooden ones and the mooncakes turned out well. To learn more about this festival click here

The plain lotus paste

The egg yolk lotus paste


The lotus seeds soaking and the funky plastic moulds

No comments:

Post a Comment