I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Saturday 3 October 2009

Fruit Scones

The british love their tea-time and scones are one of the all-time favourite tea-time snack (it is also said scones have a scottish origin). Goes really well with a cup of tea. Scones come in various forms and this one is a fruit scone, the trademark of a good scone is that when baked it has to achieve a certain 'height' and also have a natural horizontal break in the middle. Best eaten warm, scones are broken into two along the natural break (no cutting with a knife) and eaten with jam and cream (clotted cream is heaven, but it might clot your arteries and send you to heaven earlier too!).




The fluffy inside is like a cross between bread and cake

No comments:

Post a Comment