I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Ginger & Brown Sugar Drink

Not unlike the Ginger and Coke served in the Hong Kong restaurant in Tai Pan, I think the restaurant tutup kedai already! There is nothing like ginger to help blood circulation and expel the 'wind' from the stomach! Just take a thumbsize knob of ginger (the older, the better) and and slice thinly, add to water in a small pot and add brown sugar to taste. I added a few shavings of palm sugar to make it a little special. Bring to a boil and keep boiling for a minute. Switch off the fire and leave to steep for 5 minutes.

Warning : If you have a lot of wind, drink alone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment