I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Sunday 30 August 2009

Ban Jiang Kuih

Ban Jiang Kuih is yet another version of pancake with chopped peanuts and corn kernel filling, asian-sytle of course! The ones I've had are usually made by chinese vendors. It's facinating to watch the seller make them as he will have a number of small kuih moulds arranged in a square with their metal covers over individual fires. It is quite a feat managing the many pancakes cooking at the same time. There are some stalls who have one giant mould which produces a giant pancake which is then cut into smaller pieces. I personally prefer the individual sized ones!


Roasted peanut waiting to be shelled for the filling and the ban jian kuih cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment