I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Monday 11 May 2009

Tau Cheong Bitter Gourd

Bitter Gourd is one of my favourite vegetable, not something that I would likely have in common with most people! It has a most distinct bitter taste hence the name..why else??!! Most people tend to avoid it but it does have health benefits e.g. drinking bitter gourd tea tends to lower high cholesterol levels as to wether its a long term solution or not you need to do your own research, I eat it because I do enjoy the bitter taste!

The indians have lovely recipes for this vegetable but this time I decided to make use of the tau cheong (fermented soya beans) thats been sat in the fridge for almost more than a year! So this is my Stir Fried Bitter Gourd with Tau Cheong, delicious with hot steamy rice :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment