I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Bak Chang (Dumpling)

Bak Chang is tied the folklore underlying the Duan Wu Festival (Dragonboat Festival) about a famous chinese scholar and minister to the King from the southern Chu. If you want to know more WIKI it as to me Bak Chang is just simply delicious and that's all I need to know! As you can tell from all that I've said so far, when I attempted to make bak chang last year during the chang festival (as I know it) and it should come as no surprise that by the time I whipped out the bamboo leaves, I was about 2 months too late! Nevertheless, I set out to conquer the mysterious art of wrapping the chang, for this I roped in a friend who has observed her mum doing it. After much twisting and tangling and coming to the conclusion that two hands are actually not enough and that octopi (-pusses) are way much better of than humans, we managed to wrap the chang!

The change drying out after boiling for a couple of hours


The final product, unfortunately in my excitement, I 'attacked' the salted egg yolk and some of the meat before realising that I should have taken the photo first.


No comments:

Post a Comment