I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Roti Jala

Roti Jala is a Malay dish normally served with chicken curry. Roti Jala strangely in my house is a staple item on the Christmas menu. We use the recipe taught to us by our cookery teacher from school aka Tiger Tan, I say 'us' as cooking the Christmas lunch is a family affair, strangely too both my sisters and I were taught by the same teacher. There have been several attempts to remove it from from the menu as it is quite tedious to make and we need to start the production line early in the morning in order to finish in time for lunch. Early starts on Christmas morning is hard when you only have several hours of sleep preceeded by midnight mass and visiting my sister's godmother and some of my dad's friends till the early hours.


Roti Jala - our style is to fold into triangles and serve with chinese style chicken curry





No comments:

Post a Comment