I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Siew Bak (Roast Pork)


I think of Siew Bak or Siew Yuk (in cantonese) when I think of Siew Yuk Fun. The trickiest part of making the siew bak is getting the skin right, all kinds of technique can be found. The skin on my siew yok turned out ok with the skin only crispy on certain parts and really hard on some but the meaty part was delicious! One word of warning though, while is the oven, the siew yok will happily 'spray-paint' the entire inside of your oven with grease and you will end up spending lots of time trying to get it clean again... I will really have to 'gian chiak' siew bak before I try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment