I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Sunday 3 May 2015

Pot baked crusty bread

This may change the way I bake bread from now onwards. A friend asked about baking bread in a cast iron pot and in doing so flicked the curiosity switch that is inherent in my nature. A quick google showed Great British Bakeoff finalist James Morton recommending baking bread in pots! I didn't need any further convincing, so together with my friend we embarked on a journey that may change us forever as we both love hand kneading bread! Did I neglect to mentioned that this particular recipe from JM does not require kneading the dough? Even more reason to test it out, right?

One of the comments on the JM blog also said the person was happy to hear cracking after removing the bread from the oven. Cracking ??? When I did mine, it did indeed produce cracking sounds after I removed it from the oven...in fact t it went on cracking for a good while! Just the sound, the bread did not actually crack as you can see from the picture.

I will have to leave you now while I wait for the bread to cool enough to cut into. Yes, I was so excited to see the baked bread in a pot that I started to blog before I even cut the bread! Stay tuned!

I only cut the loaf the next day, it was still soft on the inside and the crust due to the steaming action in the pot is really good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment