I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Saturday 9 May 2015

Iced gem biscuits

It's Friday and today I'm working from home. I normally work from my kitchen table so when the clock strikes the hour to indicate the start of the weekend it took all of one second to go from holding a computer mouse to holding a measuring cup! A friend of mine had recently received a batch of iced gems that her friend had kindly made and sent to her. She shared the recipe and give it good reviews. I've looked at recipes for this before but never got round to deciding which one to try and since this recipe was given and tested I thought I'd give it a go.

So what aWre iced gems? This one brings back memories from the past, these little biscuits not bigger than a 20 sen coin is topped with crunchy icing of the most attractive colours! I used to buy them in handfuls from the local shop where they were carefully weighed and then wrapped in newspaper. What a great treat it was to get home and unwrap the package to see how many different colours I got and if there were many of my favourite ones! As with eating the modern day M&Ms there is of course a sequence by which the various colours were eaten, need I say more?

Anyway, they did indeed turn out great, tasting exactly as I remembered them and best of all I managed to once again share a little of my childhood with my little girl. What a delight it was to see her create her own sequence of preference when eating the iced gems!

Baked and waiting to be iced

 

Took a bit of rummaging in the kitchen to find something that gave the size to cut the dough

 

 

1 comment: