I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Sunday 1 February 2015

Ikan masak asam

I'm not sure what the name of the fish is that we normally make this dish with at home but easiest for me to get here is salmon without having to worry too much about it being fresh. My Vietnamese coriander has been growing on the window ledge and it has got to the point where it normally keels over and starts to wilt. I don't know why but this is probably the 6th plant I have and this one was given to me by a friend so I really want to keep it going. I figured maybe the previous ones died from under pruning so I needed to take the top leaves off. But of course I didn't want to just throw the leaves away, the whole point of having the plant is to eat it! Anyway long story short, one of my favourite dish with this daun kesom is masak asam. So plant pruned, tummy satisfied!
Daun kesom or vietnamese coriander
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment