I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Monday 27 July 2009

Ham Chim Peang

I tried making Ham Chim Peang over the weekend. A starter dough is required for this and this means I had to start 2 days before the weekend arrived. Having not made starter doughs before I was not sure what it was supposed to look or smell like so lots of peeking under the cover and sniffing before the 2 days were up!

On the weekend, I made up the dough and all was well until the last stage. The oil-saving switch in my brain kicked in and I used just an inch of oil to fry the batter. Now to get the Ham Chim Peng to puff-up, one needs to use a flip and turn technique but because the oil was not enough it was not a great success even though I had reduced the size.
Since it will be a while before I attempt this (oil saving switch is still on),I decided to post it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment