I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Monday 13 October 2014

Kuih Ketayap

I haven't had this kuih in a long time, in fact you can say years. To be honest, I've never been a fan of this one but because some friends suggested it as something easy for a potluck lunch, I decided to make it. Not having fresh grated coconut, I tried making the filling with desiccated coconut, after caramelising the sugar I added the coconut with more water and from then on it was a bit of an experiment. I can't quite remember how 'wet' the filling should be so I decided to go for the dry to touch but when squeezed it's still oozes with the syrup...makes sense? Good!!

Oh, I also halved the recipe as I always end up with lots of batter but lo and behold..I ended up with only 10 pieces of kuih! Yikes! But lucky for me there some no shows so with meagre portioning ..all had a taste! Phew! Now best I go note down that half portion makes only 10 pieces on the recipe for future references!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment