I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Curry mee (curry laksa)

This is curry mee made from scratch. I invited some friends over for lunch and offered to make curry laksa for them, thinking I had some ready made curry mee paste (I always do). I woke up in the morning to find the cupboard bare! No curry paste! Panic! I had 3 options, make something else, wait till the Chinese shop is open and get more paste ( risky option by the time I get there it will be close to noon and no guarantee there will be paste available), last option make the paste from scratch. First option sounded like the easiest but I had my heart set on eating curry mee. So after a quick flip through my hawker food recipe book, I convinced myself that I could do it and so I did! The homemade paste was great, it took a lot of effort so paste is still much easier. The lunch went well, I gave myself a pat on the back and made a note to go buy more paste!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment