I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Tuesday 1 September 2009

Beef Rendang

In celebration of Merdeka (Independance Day for Malaysia), I wanted to make something local for dinner and since it is also Ramadan, it brought to mind Beef Rendang and Lemang. So Beef Rendang it was, but since there was no way for me to make Lemang, I decided to serve the rendang with tomato rice and cucumber acar on the side. For once, I also got the timing right, that is, I made my rendang a day ahead, rendang normally tastes best eaten at least a day later. There is one missing ingredient, the turmeric leaves, which I can't find but the dish still turned out great!

The rendang paste made from scratch and dry frying the desicated coconut (no fresh ones)

No comments:

Post a Comment