I'm no chef so I don't write recipes but if you see something that you'd like to try ..drop me a line and I will share the recipes that I use with you....what's for dinner tonight?

Monday 16 February 2009

Sausage Buns

Last Saturday afternoon I had a sudden urge for Sausage buns, so away to the PC to search for a recipe. The sausage buns that I was after are the ones found back home in Malaysia. Ones which are a favourite of my ex-flatmate and long time friend. After much searching, there is no rhyme or reason to my search patterns so don't ask. My rule of thumb is if the picture looks right, you are likely on to a winner!

My efforts and results below:














Waiting for the dough to proof, for someone like me, this is the hardest part of baking bread. Because it's Winter time, I had to stick the dough under the radiator to ensure sufficient warmth.
















I decided to boil the sausages instead of frying them as I was just recovering from a sore throat!
















After much thumb twiddling, the dough is finally ready to be shaped around the sausages. A sprinkle of sesame seeds and all is ready for the oven.

















Out of the oven, after about 10 minutes. Can't wait to sink my teeth into one. Unfortunately my skills at taking photos did not do justice to the buns, they look much more appertising in real life!


A closer look! This one is for you Arlene!











No comments:

Post a Comment